If you suffer from clinical symptoms of unknown reason or have a positive family history of any suspected hereditary disease, genomic testing can provide answers and make a precise diagnosis, in order to find certainty and start timely treatment.
With myLifeDNA™, we sequence your entire genomic DNA and interpret selected genes based on your clinical symptoms as well as personal and family medical history. After every analysis, you will receive a detailed report with further information and action points. myLifeDNA™ also includes a subscription to quarterly updates of your results based on most recent scientific knowledge.
- Highest-quality interpretation of your genomic data
- Analysis of genes based on specific symptoms and positive family history
- Includes a pool of more than 20,000 genes
- Quarterly updated results based on scientific knowledge
- Access to professional genomic counseling
- SamplingKit and global free shipping included
More than 500 million people globally are suffering from a genomic disorder. An early diagnosis is critical to bring the most benefit to the quality of life and the overall prognosis of these patients. The difficulty with the large variety of different genomic disorders is that they have overlapping and atypical symptoms.
Finding the correct diagnosis is extremely difficult. Only a genomic test can unravel relevant mutations, also called pathogenic variants, and identify the cause of a disease. The human genome has a length of approximately 3.2 billion nucleotides, i.e. letters. But where would you look when you don’t know which part of your genome could be the cause of your symptoms? The most practicable solution: You directly check the entire genomic information in your cells, is what we call “whole genome”.
Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS) is the most modern solution to get our entire genomic information decoded. Arcensus calls its genomic testing exclusively “genomic” because we are one of the few companies globally that is offering solely the medical Whole Genome Sequencing directly to consumers. While the first deciphering of the human genome costed $3 billion, the costs are steadily decreasing due to progressing technologies. Today, we have reached a point where a WGS analysis is becoming affordable.
With myLifeDNA™, Arcensus offers the ideal package for all people that have:
- Clinical symptoms of unknown reason
- A high degree suspicion of a genomic disease
- A positive family history for any genetically suspected problem
- The wish just to get their genome analysed to have the best preventive data information
The strength in Arcensus’ approach is the combination of both the Whole Genome Sequencing analysis and the integration of the person’s clinical symptoms together with a life-long partnership.
- Only WGS analysis can bring you the reliability to reduce the risk of missing any potential pathogenic variant in your genome to the barest minimum
- Based on the description of your clinical symptoms and family history, our medical and genomic experts are able to get a deep understanding of your genome data and to narrow down the analysis of your whole genome data to relevant genes for your condition
- Only in the combination of the Whole Genome Sequencing, medical report, a quarterly updated report, and the newest scientific findings you will receive the best level of medical and scientific precision
Today only about 1% of all known mutations can be interpreted correctly and with the highest quality. However, genomics is rapidly evolving with the growing potential to interpret more and more mutations in the future.
This increase in better scientific interpretation of mutations will make it possible to continuously improve the world’s knowledge in describing the clinical consequences of given genomic mutations.
With your subscription to Arcensus services, we will send you an updated report based on newly discovered scientific data and updated interpretation of genomic mutations every three months. This way, your genomic data is continuously checked with the latest clinical research and stays up to date in a rapidly evolving medical field.
First, we need to collect your genomic sample to sequence your genome. If you have already purchased an Arcensus Whole Genome Sequencing product in the past and sent us a sample of your DNA, then you can skip this step and focus on the next:
- After ordering your myLifeDNA™ in this shop, we will send the SamplingKit to your shipping address. Please, follow the instructions in the delivered box to take the sample, register online and organise pick-up of the box.
- After shipment to our laboratory in Rostock, Germany, we will sequence your genomic DNA to capture all mutations in your genomic data. This test will last a lifetime and allows us to perform all analyses at your request without the need for additional samples.
- We analyse your data for all potential diseases and disorders that are fitting with the clinical information you have documented and/or the family history.
- The results of the analysis are shared with you via a medical report in the Arcensus portal. We don’t just present you with data based on myLifeDNA™, we also include incidental findings if you consented. We offer consultations to explain and help you with potential questions regarding the interpretation and potential treatments.
- Every three months, we will send you a newly updated report based on discovered research and newly interpreted mutations. This way your genomic data are continuously checked with the latest clinical research and stays up to date in a rapidly evolving medical field.
You can also see our instruction manual for further information.