Testing your heart genes will help in detecting hereditary heart diseases early in order to find certainty, identify risks, and start timely treatment.
With myLifeHeart™, we sequence your entire genomic DNA and analyse more than 450 genes related to heart diseases. After every analysis, you will receive a detailed report with further information and action points. myLifeHeart™ also includes a subscription to quarterly updates of your results based on most recent scientific knowledge.
- Highest-quality interpretation of your genomic data
- Analysis of more than 450 heart genes based on your symptoms
- Quarterly updated results based on scientific knowledge
- Access to professional genomic counseling
- SamplingKit and global free shipping included
Quarterly updates of your genomic results based on the most recent scientific knowledge.
With your consent we report previously unknown genomic results in specific genes that have a treatment consequence but are not related to your potential clinical symptoms.
Easy to understand
Results and recommendations are presented in a suitable way for non-medical people and more in-depth for genomic experts.
Genetically-based diseases of the heart and blood vessels are a relevant cause of morbidity and mortality worldwide.
Past and current strategies have relied on environmental factors that contribute to cardiovascular diseases, such as obesity, smoking and lack of exercise. However, the crucial role of genomics has become more and more evident recently.
There are numerous cardiovascular diseases and abnormalities that are caused by mutations, also called pathogenic variants, in more than 450 genes, including:
- rhythm abnormalities that cause fainting and sudden death
- diseases of the heart muscle itself, called cardiomyopathies, that cause heart failure
- lipid disorders that cause heart attack and stroke
- connective tissue disorders that cause increase and potential rupture of the main artery, the aorta
Many genomic netic cardiovascular disorders can be successfully treated and even partially prevented – if identified early enough.
However, the main problem is that most of the diseases do not show any symptoms and signs until it is too late and, in many cases, the diagnosis takes too long.
Genomic testing is the only reliable method of diagnosing and confirming genetically-based cardiovascular diseases and at-risk-conditions, partially even before the appearance of any symptoms and signs. This early diagnosis is critical with diseases where the first symptoms are already life-threatening or fatal (e.g. sudden death due to genetically based problems of the heartbeat).
With genomic testing, patients can select optimal methods of treatment such as specific medicine or surgical intervention.
Additionally, potentially affected relatives can be warned and can use genomic testing to detect potential disorders and take preventive measures themselves.
The arcensus Direct-to-Consumer ‘Genomic-testing-first’ approach allows us to
- make an early diagnosis, even before first symptoms appear, and potentially save lives
- optimise further diagnostic interventions resulting in reducing cost and time
- suggest optimal treatment methods
- suggest optimal relatives‘ screening
arcensus myLifeHeart™ genomic testing for cardiovascular diseases offers the optimal package with the best conditions to diagnose cardiovascular diseases or to investigate the risk of their development – based on the complete analysis of more than 450 genes.
Please download to gain deep insights of heart genomics.
Today only about 1% of all known mutations can be interpreted correctly and with the highest quality. However, genomics is rapidly evolving with the growing potential to interpret more and more mutations in the future.
This increase in better scientific interpretation of mutations will make it possible to continuously improve the world’s knowledge in describing the clinical consequences of given genomic mutations.
With your subscription to arcensus’s services, we will send you an updated report based on newly discovered scientific data and updated interpretation of genomic mutations every three months. This way, your genomic data is continuously checked with the latest clinical research and stays up-to-date in a rapidly evolving medical field.
First, we need to collect your genomic sample to sequence your genome. If you’ve already purchased an arcensus Whole Genome Sequencing product in the past and sent us a sample of your DNA, then you can skip this step and focus on the next.
- After ordering your myLifeHeart™ online in our shop, we will send the SamplingKit to your location. Please, follow the instructions in the delivered box when taking your sample. Registering online in our portal and organise the pick-up for shipment of your sample.
- After shipment to our laboratory in Rostock, Germany, we will sequence your genomic DNA to capture all mutations in your genomic data. This test lasts a lifetime and allows us to perform all analyses that you want without the need for additional samples.
- We analyse your data for cardiovascular diseases with our arcensus product myLifeHeart™.
- The results of the analyses are shared with you in a report and updated to your personal portal. We don’t just present you with data based on myLifeHeart™, but you also get the so-called incidental findings, if consented. Furthermore, we offer consultations to explain and help you with potential questions regarding the interpretation and potential treatments.
- Every three months, we’ll send you a newly updated report based on newly discovered research and recently interpreted mutations. This way, your genomic data is continuously checked with the latest clinical research and stays up to date in a rapidly evolving medical field.
You can also see our instruction manual for further information.