Testing your cancer genes will help in detecting hereditary cancer diseases early in order to find certainty, identify risks, and start timely treatment.
With myLifeCancer™, we sequence your entire genomic DNA and analyse more than 1300 genes related to cancer. After every analysis, you will receive a detailed report with further information and action points. myLifeCancer™ also includes a subscription to quarterly updates of your results based on most recent scientific knowledge.
- Highest-quality interpretation of your genomic data
- Analysis of more than 1300 cancer genes based on your symptoms
- Quarterly updated results based on scientific knowledge
- Access to professional genomic counseling
- SamplingKit and global free shipping included
Quarterly updates of your genomic results based on the most recent scientific knowledge.
With your consent we report previously unknown genomic results in specific genes that have a treatment consequence but are not related to your potential clinical symptoms.
Easy to understand
Results and recommendations are presented in a suitable way for non-medical people and more in-depth for genomic experts.
Past and current strategies have relied on environmental factors that contribute to cancer diseases. However, the crucial role of genomics has become more and more evident recently.
There are numerous cancers that are caused by mutations, also called pathogenic variants, in more than 1300 genes.
5% – 10% of breast cancer cases and 10% – 15% of ovarian cancer cases are hereditary. Most cases of hereditary breast and ovarian are caused by pathogenic variants in BRCA1 and BRCA2.
However, the main problem is that most of the diseases do not show any symptoms and signs until it is too late, and, in many cases, the diagnosis takes too long.
Genomic testing is the only reliable method of diagnosing and confirming genetically based cancers, partially even before the appearance of any symptoms and signs. This early diagnosis is critical with diseases where the first symptoms are already life-threatening or fatal.
With genomic testing, customers can select optimal methods of treatment such as specific medicine or surgical intervention.
Additionally, potentially affected relatives can be warned and can use genomic testing to detect potential disorders and take preventive measures themselves.
The Arcensus Direct-to-Consumer ‘Genomic-testing-first’ approach allows us to
- make an early diagnosis, even before first symptoms appear, and save lives
- optimise further diagnostic interventions resulting in reducing cost and time
- suggest optimal treatment methods
- suggest optimal relatives‘ screening
Arcensus myLifeCancer™ genomic testing offers the optimal package based on the complete analysis of more than 1300 genes.
Today only about 1% of all known mutations can be interpreted correctly and with the highest quality. However, genomics is rapidly evolving with the growing potential to interpret more and more mutations in the future.
This increase in better scientific interpretation of mutations will make it possible to continuously improve the world’s knowledge in describing the clinical consequences of given genomic mutations.
With your subscription to Arcensus’s services, we will send you an updated report based on newly discovered scientific data and updated interpretation of genomic mutations every three months. This way, your genomic data is continuously checked with the latest clinical research and stays up-to-date in a rapidly evolving medical field.
- After ordering your myLifeCancer™ online in our shop, we will send the SamplingKit to your location. Please, follow the instructions in the delivered box when taking your sample. Registering online in our portal and organise the pick-up for shipment of your sample.
- After shipment to our laboratory in Rostock, Germany, we will sequence your genomic DNA to capture all mutations in your genomic data. This test lasts a lifetime and allows us to perform all analyses that you want without the need for additional samples.
- We analyse your data with our Arcensus product myLifeCancer™.
- The results of the analyses are shared with you in a report and updated to your personal portal. We don’t just present you with data based on myLifeCancer™, but you also get the so-called incidental findings, if consented. Furthermore, we offer consultations to explain and help you with potential questions regarding the interpretation and potential treatments.
- Every three months, we’ll send you a newly updated report based on newly discovered research and recently interpreted mutations. This way, your genomic data is continuously checked with the latest clinical research and stays up to date in a rapidly evolving medical field.
You can also see our instruction manual for further information.