ZOLDRIA injection is given as an infusion into a vein for 15 minutes by a healthcare practitioner. Your healthcare practitioner will ask you to drink at least two glasses of water (500 mL or 2 cups) prior to and following the treatment.
Accordion Sample DescriptionMost common side effects include dyspnea, bone pain, fever, nausea, anemia, fatigue, constipation, and vomiting.
- Patients taking zoledronic injection must be rehydrated on a prior basis and monitoring of electrolytes should be on a regular basis. Patients having renal toxicity problems should not take this drug.
- Use of zoledronic acid 4mg may cause Osteonecrosis of the jaw. Avoid any dental procedure during the treatment. Several types of joint, bone, or muscle pain may occur due to the use of injection.
- If any severe symptoms occur discontinue the use of zoledronate immediately.
- This medication can cause serious damage to the fetus. Men or women should use the proper contraceptive measure to avoid pregnancy during the treatment.
- Hypocalcemia should be treated before starting the treatment with Zoldria. A sufficient amount of Vitamin and calcium should be given.
Care should be exercised in the handling of ZOLDRIA. ZOLDRIA injections should not be opened. Stores permitted between 2°C – 8°C and protect from light.
WHAT IS ZOLEDRONIC ACID AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR:
ZOLDRIA or Zoledronic acid is a bisphosphonate family of the drug, indicated for the treatment of a patient suffering from:
Hypercalcemia of Malignancy
Multiple Myeloma and Bone Metastases of Solid Tumors.